Sunday, January 3, 2010

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Rash Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Or Rheumatoid Arthritis?

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or Rheumatoid Arthritis? - systemic lupus erythematosus rash

My symptoms are extremely painful to walk, rash, blood in the urine, anemia (iron infusions needed), headache, extreme fatigue, etc.. I saw a doctor has X-rays, blood tests and physical examination. Recently I called and told me that my lab results came back and told me to either lupus erythematosus or rheumatoid arthritis. She said that my blood tests showed many anomalies, and although infection. She wanted that I immediately started on steroids. She put me on (tablets of 10 mg of prednisone) for 10 days until my follow-up with a rheumatologist. Now my question: What is lupus and rheumatoid arthritis?
Are they imitating 2 Disease? It reminds me within 5 days with the results of other tests. Has anyone experienced personally? She said that my disease is treatable, but not cureable. I am still very young and it's a shock to me and I do not know trouble dealing with what I try, you can guess my new doctor to answer questions later.

1 comments:

Susan M said...

Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are autoimmune diseases in which the immune system attacks its own cells.
These two diseases overlap to some people, so do not focus so much on an absolute diagnosis.

Unfortunately, you have this problem. It sucks. Try to take steroids as little as possible, because even if it can help you feel better, has many side effects over time.

Looking back on your symptoms, seems to be something more at stake. Doctors do not know the causes of the epidemic or autoimmune diseases. It could be stress, chemical exposure, diet, or more frequently, which can not be identified.
Make sure that you have a good sleep. Eat a healthy diet with a maximum amount of fruit and vegetables.

My mother had RA. I have friends with lupus and related diseases. Do not lose hope. There are so many advances in the treatment of these diseases.

Here are some links to autoimmune diseases:
... http://www.lef.org/protocols/immune_conn
... http://www.lef.org/protocols/immune_conn

Post a Comment