Monday, December 21, 2009

High Risk Breast Cancer Am I A High Risk For Breast Cancer If Two Of My Aunts And One Of My Cousins Each Had It Twice?

Am I a high risk for breast cancer if two of my aunts and one of my cousins each had it twice? - high risk breast cancer

They are at increased risk of breast cancer, if a parent (one), one of the few defective genes responsible for hereditary breast cancer known to lead,

Only 5 to 10% of breast cancers are hereditary.

With 1 in 9 women with breast cancer at some point in their lives, it is rare that more than one woman of the same family as hereditary breast cancer.

If the cancer was in his family by chance and not hereditary, as 90 +% of all cases of breast cancer, then there are the most vulnerable.

If one of your grandparents have led to one of the few defective genes BRCA1 or BRCA2, there is a probability of 50%, leading to his son, the father was transferred. If so, and one parent will have a defective gene you inherited 50% chance, even though the transmission does not mean that breast cancer would certainly - that would be 50 80% probability.

After he was diagnosed with breast cancer, my oncologist is able to assure me that my cancer is hereditary, and thatother members of my family, especially women at higher risk. Finally, one or more family members have said that if his disease is hereditary? It is demanded.

With three women in his family has had breast cancer - provided they are all on the same side of the family - you want to talk to their doctors, for the BRCA genes are tested.

We certainly did not say how old your aunts in the diagnosis, as is possible with other types of cancer, breast cancer diagnosed after 50 years is less likely to be hereditary

0 comments:

Post a Comment